Throwing Out Food Waste Could Cost You $$$$
Sign Up Now for a Free Waste Audit and Avoid Costly Penalties
On January 1, 2015, City of Vancouver’s ban on organic waste disposal went into effect. As per local bylaws, you may no longer freely throw food waste out with the garbage.
Instead of simply throwing out food and other organic waste, you must put these materials in a separate waste container, that are – in most cases – provided by your waste services provider.
The ban on organic waste disposal applies to everyone in the City of Vancouver area, including:
- Apartment Buildings
- Grocery Stores
- Hospitals, nursing homes and senior care centres
- Theaters, arenas and sports facilities
- Farms and greenhouses
- All other residents, businesses and institutions
Violating this ban could leave you subject to costly penalties, including banned materials fees, the size of which will depend on the size and frequency of your violations.
Get Right by the bylaw with a Free Waste Audit from Waste Connections.
Avoid penalties and help the MetroVancouver community achieve its environmental goals by scheduling a Free Waste Audit with Waste Connections, the Vancouver area’s leading waste services company.
This no-obligation survey will help you identify:
- Your sources of organic waste.
- The content and volumes of organic waste you generate per day, week and month.
- Your options for compliant organic waste disposal.
- The nature and volume of your other recyclable waste (paper, cardboard, metal, glass, plastic, etc.)
- Your options for additional waste recycling.
Contact Waste Connections today at (855) 977-0836
or complete the form on this page, to schedule your Free Waste Audit and see how easy it can be to participate.