The new MetroVancouver organics disposal ban covers a wide range of organic materials.
City of Vancouver bylaw 11092, which took effect January 1, 2015, bans all the following organic materials from local landfills:
- Meat and fish
- Seafood shells
- Egg shells
- Pasta, bread and rice
- Dairy products
- Sauces, dressings, etc.
- Vegetable and fruit peels, seeds and pits
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters and tea bags
- Food-soiled paper plates and cups
- Food-soiled newspapers
- Paper bags and paper bag liners used for collecting food scraps
This is an addition to materials previously prohibited under the City of Vancouver recyclables ban, including:
- Waxed and cardboard food boxes
- Pizza boxes
- Used paper towels and napkins
- Paper egg cartons
Contact Waste Connections today at (855) 977-0836
or complete the form on this page, to schedule your Free Waste Audit and see how easy it can be to participate.
Contact Progressive Waste Solutions Today